Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inspired.

I have a few blogs I follow, and find myself trying to "copy", or telling myself that if my style
isn't exactly like their style, then I'm not a good photographer and never will be.

Today I visited one of those blogs and watched a very inspirational behind-the-scenes video.
It reminded me once again that being a photographer isn't just about going out at the "right"
time of day to the "right" location and taking the "right" pictures.

There is so much more involved.

I need to remember to create, not just do.
To be inspired, not copy what everyone else is doing.
Focus less on the Do's and Dont's of photography, and express myself thru my photos
by showing how I see the world.
Also, to be more willing to take the time before, during, and after each shoot getting to know
my subjects and setting a mood that really shows who these people are that I'm photographing.

Very exciting stuff!!
I won't sleep for a week :)

No comments: